Are you blogging for money? Do you blog with burning ambition to aniline every blog that crosses your path? Are driven to monopolize the blogosphere with your content? Whatever your ambitions are blogging needn’t be so competitive.
Misconception of blogging
Billions of blogs exist on the internet. Many perish from the lack of: enthusiasm, interest, abundance or financial gain. The glamorization of blogging makes the medium attractive towards selected “entrepreneurial wannabes” that assume making a colossal sum of money is attainable in record time.
Reality of blogging
Successful bloggers realize that competition is guaranteed. It is crucial to focus on your reader’s needs. Blogging is about developing and serving communities rather than worrying about competition. The successful bloggers focus their efforts on solving problems. Answers to problems are more valuable and readers will acknowledge great content.
The significance of an online community
The online communities created by bloggers have little boundaries. A strong online community can provide a variety of benefits including:
- An environment that encourages learning and sharing ideas
- An environment that has no boundaries geographically
- An environment where people can network and develop lasting relationships
- Opportunities to find work or participate in a project
The selfless blogger is the successful blogger
Selflessness is a trait to becoming a success. Blogging is about creating trust and rapport with fellow bloggers and their audiences. A provider of value in any marketplace is on the road to prosperity. Bloggers that develop a selfless attitude by enriching online communities with their experience and wealth of knowledge will forge stronger relationships and networks online.
Blogging provides opportunities to contribute and build rich learning environments. Web 2.0 allows bloggers to comment and create conversation.
An active community is a stronger community
Providing assistance in an active community will provide you with opportunities to be recognized as a specialist. Web 2.0 has given everybody the opportunity to express their view online. Everybody is entitled to their views look at Facebook. People yearn to belong to a community and bloggers that don’t participate in any groups are overlooking huge potential to grow their blog. Bloggers shouldn’t consider joining other communities just to promote themselves. The purpose of joining a community is to provide answers to problems. Have you noticed why forums are so popular? Look at Yahoo Answers.
Two ways to contribute to a blogging community
- Commenting – The easiest and less time consuming method is comment on blog posts. Blog post commenting has many benefits, but most importantly you are contributing to a learning rich facility. After a few weeks of commenting on a certain blog you will be impacting on a community and become well-known with that community.
- Guest posting – Creating an excellent guest post for a blog community takes time and needs to be planned carefully. However, the benefits for a fresh writer that has a different approach can make your readers consider content contrastingly. Your content will be viewed by a diverse audience that will appreciate some new colors to this online canvas.
A community must grow to be successful. New members must visit this online presence. A highly competitive approach to blogging is a consequence. Focusing on the number of visits you get every day isn’t going improve your presence. Solving problems to people’s needs will. A bloggers main focal point is delivering information that helps people to succeed with their issues is the solution.
Do you contribute to an online community and focus on delivering for their readers? Do you write guest blog posts as a way of enriching a different blog? What ways to do contribute to a community? Has this post changed your mindset of blogging?
This is a guest post by Jake Dickson. Jake Dickson is the owner of Speedy Locksmith DC, 24 Hour Locksmith Olney MD and 24 Hour Locksmith Gaithersburg MD and build his websites by following our Start A Blog guide. If you want to guest post on Better Start Blogging blog, check out the guidelines here.